Cornell Kennedy practices primarily in the areas of general corporate law and health care. In the areas of general corporate law, Mr. Kennedy’s practice includes representing companies and individuals in business formation and dissolution, acquisitions, and various other operational matters, including employment and covenants not-to-compete.
In health care matters, Mr. Kennedy practice includes counseling health care companies and providers, including physicians, physician-owned health care providers, hospitals and other types of health care enterprises on regulatory issues including federal and state health care regulations (including the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute, HIPAA and state-specific patient privacy laws). Mr. Kennedy also works with health care providers regarding transactional matters including the formation, operation, purchase and sale of practices, along with physician recruiting and employment agreements.
Mr. Kennedy is a native of Nashville. He earned his J.D. from The University of Tennessee College of Law. Mr. Kennedy was a graduate of the Law & Business Program and served as Secretary of the Business Tax Law Association.
Mr. Kennedy graduated magna cum laude from Middle Tennessee State University with a B.S. in Criminal Justice. Mr. Kennedy is conversational in both Portuguese and Spanish.
- Member, Nashville Bar Association (Secretary, 2013)
- Member, Nashville Bar Foundation’s Leadership Forum (Class of 2015-2016)
- Member, Tennessee Bar Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, Harry Phillips American Inn of Court
- Member, Napier-Looby Bar Association
- Co-Chair of the Nashville Bar Association Diversity Committee
- Young Leader’s Board for JDRF
- Co-Chair, Second Harvest Food Bank’s Legal Food Fight Fundraising Executive Committee
- Volunteer, Nashville Bar Association (Antioch High School’s Mock Trial Team), 2011 and 2012