Lauren Curry’s practice areas include general and commercial litigation, including contract disputes, state and federal appeals, employment disputes, business torts, insurance coverage disputes, and professional liability and other health care litigation.
Ms. Curry graduated with honors from the University of the South in Sewanee, TN and earned her J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School, where she was a member of the Order of the Coif. She also received first honors in five individual courses at Vanderbilt, including Corporations, Federal Tax Law, Corporate Finance, and Regulatory State. Ms. Curry was a graduate of the Law & Business Program and was a member of the Vanderbilt Law Review, where she served as the senior articles editor.
Prior to joining Sherrard Roe Voigt & Harbison, Ms. Curry served as a law clerk to the Honorable Jane B. Stranch, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. During law school, she also interned for the Honorable John T. Nixon, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee.
Before starting law school, Ms. Curry served as a police officer for the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department for approximately four years. For a majority of that time, she served as patrol officer for the South Nashville police precinct.
- Member of the Nashville Bar, Tennessee Bar, and American Bar Associations
- District Representative of the Young Lawyers Division of the Tennessee Bar Association (2015-2017)
- Member of the American Inns of Court, Harry Phillips Inn (2013-2015)
- Board Chair, Board of Directors, The Family Center
- Board of Directors, Nashville Zoo