Mark Ison presented at the 2015 Tennessee Business Law Conference
Mr. Ison presented Nuts and Bolts of Professional Entities in Tennessee. The presentation provided a walk-through of the “nuts and bolts” of professional entities in Tennessee, including:
- Tennessee law regarding the “corporate practice” of various professions
- When to use a professional entity, and limitations on who may participate in its ownership and management
- Liability considerations, including professional liability issues and the protection of personal assets from business liabilities and from the acts of others in the business
- Management services and “friendly PC” arrangements involving nonprofessionals
- Termination and buyout considerations
The conference was held May 15th at the Nashville School of Law.