Andrea Sinclair helps clients plan for life’s joys, challenges, and transitions. For the milestones her clients experience—the birth of children and grandchildren, marriages, divorces, death, incapacity, and business formation, growth, and succession—she is the steady head and sage counsel on which they rely.
Compassionate and sensitive to the needs of clients of all generations, Andrea focuses her practice on trust and estate litigation, administration, and planning. She manages the administration and litigation of trusts, probate estates, guardianships, and conservatorships for clients, particularly high-net-worth individuals, business owners and founders, c-suite executives, and their traditional and non-traditional families. She also counsels executors, trustees, guardians, and conservators on their fiduciary duties.
In the litigation arena, Andrea represents clients in matters such as:
- will contests,
- will constructions,
- fraudulent conveyance claims,
- contested conservatorships and guardianships,
- termination and modification of trusts and gift agreements,
- estate and trust administration disputes, and
- real estate disputes, including quiet title actions, breach of contract claims, boundary disputes, and adverse possession claims.
In her estate planning practice, Andrea drafts wills, powers of attorney, living wills, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, trusts (including revocable “living” trusts; Tennessee Community Property Trusts; Tennessee Investment Services Trusts; SLATs; CRUTs; special needs trusts; and intentionally defective grantor trusts) and other tax-efficient vehicles. She also assists clients with modifying and terminating trusts by agreement. To best serve her clients, Andrea frequently consults with clients’ advisors, accountants, managers, and family offices to create tailored estate plans, promote clients’ values, and accomplish sophisticated wealth transfer and preservation goals.
Andrea also helps clients select and form for-profit and nonprofit business entities and then assists them with corporate governance, operational matters, and tax exemption qualification and compliance.
Andrea and her husband, Matthew, live in Hermitage with their young son.
- J.D., Vanderbilt Law School (2014), Order of the Coif
- B.S. (Economics) and B.A. (Political Science), The University of North Carolina at Greensboro (2011), summa cum laude
- Woodward/White: The Best Lawyers In America “One to Watch” 2021-Present (Litigation-Trusts and Estates; Trusts and Estates)
- Order of the Coif, Vanderbilt Law School
- Note, Delimiting Title VII: Reverse Religious Discrimination Claims and Proxy Claims in Employment Discrimination Litigation, 67 Vand. L. Rev. 239 (2014)
- Thomas C. Banks Jessup Award Recipient
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Truman Scholarship Finalist
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of Middle Tennessee
- The Family Center, Nashville, Tennessee – Board of Directors, Executive Committee
- Hermitage Hills Baptist Church – Member