Bill Neely practices primarily in the areas of partnership and corporate taxation, transactional tax planning, and executive compensation. He regularly provides advice on the structure and implementation of taxable and nontaxable acquisitions and has assisted in the formation and operation of numerous venture capital, real estate and hedge funds. He also routinely consults with companies on their executive compensation plans.
From 2007 through 2022, Bill served as general counsel of Health Services Management, Inc., a nonprofit senior-living management company located in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. HSM operates over 20 skilled nursing and assisted living facilities in Florida, Texas, Indiana and Tennessee.
Bill received his undergraduate degree in Accounting from Murray State University, his J.D. from the University of Kentucky and an LL.M. in taxation from the University of Miami.
- LL.M. in Taxation, University of Miami, 1984
- J.D., University of Kentucky, 1983
- B.S. in Accounting, Murray State University, 1979
- Martindale-Hubbell: AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated, 2013-2014 Top Rated Lawyer in Taxation Law
- Woodward/White: The Best Lawyers In America 2009 (Corporate)
- Nashville Business Journal Best of the Bar 2008
- Nashville Business Journal Best of the Bar 2005 (Corporate and Securities)
- Member of Nashville, Tennessee and American Bar Associations
- Member of American Bar Association’s Committee on Taxation