Gregory J. Pease
p. (615) 742-4597
f. (615) 742-4539
Greg Pease practices in the areas of general business law and health care law. His experience includes representing companies in operational matters, acquisitions and divestitures, governance matters, private placements of securities, and debt and equity financings. Mr. Pease’s experience extends across a wide range of industries, including health care, manufacturing, electronic payment processing, business services, distribution and publishing. Mr. Pease regularly provides counsel to start-up and early stage companies.
Mr. Pease’s health care practice includes counseling providers of health care services regarding transactional matters, and his health care industry experience includes physician practice groups, physician-owned health care providers, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and other types of health care enterprises.
Mr. Pease received his J.D. cum laude from the University of Memphis, where he was Editor-in-Chief of the University of Memphis Law Review and was one of two recipients of the Dean’s Distinguished Graduate Award for the Class of 2004. A member of Phi Kappa Phi and Phi Delta Phi, Mr. Pease received the Sam A. Myar, Jr. Memorial Scholarship, the Cecil C. Humphreys Law Fellowship and the CALI Award for Contracts II and Securities Regulation.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Pease held management positions with Leggett & Platt Inc., an S&P 500 diversified manufacturing company. He received an M.B.A. from the University of Texas at Dallas and a B.A. in political science from the University of Georgia, where he was a member of the Defender-Advocate Society of the Student Judiciary.
- J.D., University of Memphis, 2004
- M.B.A., University of Texas at Dallas, 1999
- B.A., University of Georgia, 1992
- Associate General Counsel of the Tennessee Bar Association
- Member of the Nashville, Tennessee and American Bar Associations
- Member of the American Health Lawyers Association
- Member of the Society of Tennessee Golfers of the Tennessee Golf Foundation
- Member of the Capital Campaign Committee of St. Cecilia Academy
- Assistant Coach, Montgomery Bell Academy Mountain Bike Team
- Recipient of the 2013 KraftCPAs Board Member of the Year Award presented at the 2013 Center for Nonprofit Management Salute to Excellence
- Past Chair of the Board of Directors of Bridges (formerly known as League for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing/EAR Foundation)
- Past chair of the Sennet Society Steering Committee of the United Way of Metropolitan Nashville
- Served as pro bono transaction counsel to a non-profit provider of primary health care services to the working uninsured