Greg Pease is a business lawyer who understands that legal concerns and business considerations are intertwined. A trusted advisor and valued advocate for his clients, Greg brings a wealth of diverse experience and a practical, results-oriented approach to representing clients across the business spectrum, including in sectors such as health care, automotive, manufacturing, electronic payment processing, business services, education, distribution, and publishing.
Leveraging the insights he gained prior to law school from almost a decade of management roles with increasing levels of responsibility at an S&P 500 diversified manufacturing company and from earning an MBA, Greg sees challenges and opportunities through the eyes of a business leader. He also recognizes that no two businesses are alike, and no two business owners share the same perspectives and priorities. Greg takes the time to truly get to know his clients to understand their business and goals. By taking the time to listen and learn, he crafts strategies and provides guidance best suited to each client’s needs, objectives, and budget. Before joining Sherrard Roe, Greg practiced at Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis LLP (now Holland & Knight LLP) in Nashville.
Clients from publicly-traded companies to established privately-held enterprises to start-ups and early-stage companies entrust Greg with aspects of their business that intersect with legal concerns. His broad base of experience includes representing companies in operational issues, mergers & acquisitions, divestitures, governance matters, private placements of securities, debt and equity financings, and payment in lieu of tax agreement transactions (PILOTs).
Greg’s practice includes significant work for clients in the health care industry. He counsels health care services providers on transactional matters, and his industry experience includes the representation of physician practice groups, physician-owned health care providers, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories, and other types of health care enterprises.
Greg is active in his profession and his community. He most recently served as the Associate General Counsel of the Tennessee Bar Association and received the Tennessee Bar Association President’s Award for his service. Greg is a member of the Society of Tennessee Golfers of the Tennessee Golf Foundation. He has also volunteered his time and efforts for many nonprofits, including Bridges for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, the United Way of Metropolitan Nashville, Preston Taylor Ministries, and Grace Medical Clinic. For his board leadership with Bridges, Greg was honored as the Kraft CPAs Nonprofit Board Member of the Year.
When not serving his clients or community, Greg enjoys spending time with his family, following University of Georgia football, golf, hiking, and mountain biking.
- J.D., University of Memphis, 2004
- M.B.A., University of Texas at Dallas, 1999
- B.A., University of Georgia, 1992
- Associate General Counsel of the Tennessee Bar Association
- Member of the Nashville, Tennessee and American Bar Associations
- Member of the American Health Lawyers Association
- Member of the Society of Tennessee Golfers of the Tennessee Golf Foundation
- Member of the Capital Campaign Committee of St. Cecilia Academy
- Assistant Coach, Montgomery Bell Academy Mountain Bike Team
- Recipient of the 2013 KraftCPAs Board Member of the Year Award presented at the 2013 Center for Nonprofit Management Salute to Excellence
- Past Chair of the Board of Directors of Bridges (formerly known as League for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing/EAR Foundation)
- Past chair of the Sennet Society Steering Committee of the United Way of Metropolitan Nashville
- Served as pro bono transaction counsel to a non-profit provider of primary health care services to the working uninsured