Kim Brown’s practice focuses in the area of commercial transactions, including commercial lending, real estate finance and development, leasing, public and private finance, and condominium development and conversions.
Mr. Brown is a graduate of the University of Tennessee College of Law with honors. He graduated from the University of Tennessee College of Business with high honors and was elected to the Beta Gamma Sigma national business honor society. Mr. Brown is a member of the Nashville Bar Association and American Bar Association with memberships in the business law and real property sections.
- Represented the hotel developer in a two tower condominium project in west Nashville which included a hotel tower, residential tower, and separate commercial units within the towers, as well as a subterranean parking garage with a podium on which the towers were constructed.
- Represented the master developer and the hotel developer in a development which included a luxury hotel with private residences and a separate office tower in the West End corridor of Nashville. The project also includes subterranean packing and multiple buildings.
- Represented the construction lender in a phased commercial development which included a condominium regime for separate buildings and “stacked” units within the buildings.
- Represented commercial bank in a multi-state syndicated refinancing of a hospitality portfolio.
- Represented commercial bank in a development loan for a high rise condominium tower in downtown Nashville.
- Represented developer in the sale of a high rise hotel in downtown Nashville.
- Represented commercial bank in a multi-state development loan for construction of single tenant retail stores for a national retailer.
- J.D., University of Tennessee, 1982
- B.A., University of Tennessee, 1979
- Woodward/White: The Best Lawyers in America 2005-Present (Real Estate Law; Commercial Finance Law)
- Woodward/White: The Best Lawyers In America 2015 and 2018 Lawyer of the Year (Real Estate Law)
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers 2007-Present (Real Estate; Banking and Finance)
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers 2007-2015, 2017-Present (Real Estate)
- Nashville Business Journal Best of the Bar 2003-2004, 2011-2014 (Real Estate)
- Business Tennessee Magazine 150 Best Lawyers 2005-2010 (Real Estate)
- The Best of the U.S. LLC 2007-2008 (Real Estate)
- The Best Attorney’s Network 2005-2008 (Real Estate)
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Member of Nashville, Tennessee and American Bar Associations
- Lecturer for professional and industry groups and organizations on issues related to real estate finance and development, public and private finance and general business transactions