Mike Roberts joined Sherrard Roe Voigt & Harbison in 1993 upon graduation from law school. He has broad legal experience in a variety of business transactions, including loan transactions, the leasing and acquisition of real property, acquisition and disposition of private companies and venture capital transactions. The primary focus of Mike’s practice in recent years is the representation of lenders and borrowers in secured lending transactions. Mike also regularly acts as local counsel on multi-state loan transactions, advising on Tennessee indebtedness tax and providing local counsel opinions.
Mike received his law degree from Vanderbilt University Law School, where he was a member of Order of the Coif. He earned a bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering from the University of Tennessee in 1989, where he was a member of Tau Beta Pi and was named Outstanding Senior in the College of Engineering.
In his spare time, Mike enjoys travel, running, bicycling, fly fishing and skiing.
- Represented alternative education provider in the leasing of approximately 25 sites per year
- Represented commercial bank in connection with loans to fund leveraged buyouts involving equity and subordinate debt
- Represented a venture capital firm in providing subordinated debt with attached equity, proceeds of which were used for acquisition financing
- Represented commercial bank in making a loan to fund the acquisition of raw land and construction of a franchised restaurant
- J.D., Vanderbilt University, 1993
- B.S., University of Tennessee, 1989
- Woodward/White: The Best Lawyers In America 2009-Present (Banking and Finance Law; Real Estate Law)
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers 2016-2018 (Banking and Finance)
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell