Talley Wood counsels clients on corporate and securities issues, including mergers and acquisitions, capital markets transactions, venture capital, finance and securities regulations matters and filings. She works within a range of industries, including health care, music technology and cataloging, manufacturing, retail and food. Her practice involves mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, debt and equity financings, corporate governance, corporate finance, health care transactions, and real estate law. Talley represents clients on the buy-side and sell-side, regularly advising on mergers, acquisitions and dispositions, debt and equity financing, venture capital and general corporate governance. Talley has assisted with mergers and acquisitions for NYSE and Nasdaq listed companies and well as privately held companies and private equity firms.
Prior to joining Sherrard Roe Voigt & Harbison, Talley was an associate in the Corporate and Securities group at Bass, Berry & Sims, PLC, where she practiced in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, private equity transactions, capital markets, and Securities and Exchange Act reporting and compliance.
Talley earned her law degree from Duke University School of Law, where she was the Managing Editor of the Duke Journal of Gender Law and Policy, and received a B.A. in political science from Wake Forest University, where she graduated summa cum laude and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa.
- J.D., Duke University School of Law, 2015
- B.A., (summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa) Wake Forest University, 2012
- Woodward/White: The Best Lawyers In America “One to Watch” 2021-Present (Corporate Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; Securities Regulation)
- Duke Journal of Gender Law and Policy, Volume 22, Spring 2015: “Relocation Law and Survivors of Domestic Violence”
- The Business Lawyer: Annual Review of Federal Securities Regulation, Volume 72, Number 3
- The Business Lawyer: Annual Review of Federal Securities Regulation, Volume 71, Number 3