Talley Wood brings a practical perspective and approach to counseling businesses, private equity and venture capital firms, and investors on a wide range of corporate and transactional matters. Her clear, actionable counsel is grounded in both her knowledge of the law and her understanding of each client’s unique goals, expectations, and risk tolerance.
A talent for connecting and collaborating with people helps Talley facilitate complex transactions and develop productive working relationships that protect and advance her clients’ interests. She works in a variety of industries with both buyers and sellers, issuers and financial advisors, and borrowers and lenders, as well as with corporate management teams, individual investors, and significant stockholders. Her clients appreciate and benefit from her efficiency, transparency, and prompt communication.
Talley regularly advises clients on corporate entity formation and operations, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, venture capital, capital markets, debt and equity financings, securities regulations and filings, and general corporate governance. Talley has assisted with mergers and acquisitions for NYSE and Nasdaq-listed companies, privately held companies, private equity firms, and venture capitalists.
- J.D., Duke University School of Law, 2015
- B.A., (summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa) Wake Forest University, 2012
Honors & Publications
- Woodward/White: The Best Lawyers In America “One to Watch” 2021-Present (Corporate Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; Securities Regulation)
- Duke Journal of Gender Law and Policy, Volume 22, Spring 2015: “Relocation Law and Survivors of Domestic Violence”
- The Business Lawyer: Annual Review of Federal Securities Regulation, Volume 72, Number 3
- The Business Lawyer: Annual Review of Federal Securities Regulation, Volume 71, Number 3