Thomas B. Hall concentrates his practice on construction litigation and arbitration. He represents owners, prime contractors, design professionals, subcontractors, and suppliers in various matters, including commercial and residential construction projects. With a keen understanding of Tennessee’s construction laws, Thomas helps his clients navigate the intricacies of compliance requirements as well as the prosecution and defense of construction defect and warranty claims, lien claims, delay and disruption claims, and a wide variety of other complex construction disputes.
After graduating cum laude from Sewanee with a Bachelor of Arts degree, Thomas attended The University of Alabama School of Law, where he earned his Juris Doctor, Master of Business Administration, and Master of Laws in Taxation magna cum laude.
Before joining the firm, Thomas represented clients in complex construction litigation matters as an associate at Smith Cashion & Orr, PLC. During law school, he served as a Judicial Extern and Judicial Intern for The Honorable Jennifer H. Henderson of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama. He was also a Judicial Intern for The Honorable L. Scott Coogler of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama and was elected President of the School of Law’s chapter of the American Constitution Society.
In his free time, Thomas enjoys being with his family, providing pro bono legal services and attending high school football games at his alma mater, Franklin High School.
- The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., M.B.A., LL.M. in Taxation, magna cum laude, 2018
- Sewanee: The University of the South, B.A., cum laude, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Middle and Eastern Districts of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Western and Eastern Districts of Kentucky
Recognition, Speaking Engagements & Publications
- Best Lawyers in America “One to Watch” 2023 (Commercial Litigation and Construction Law)
- Attorney for Justice Tennessee Supreme Court Pro Bono Service Award 2019-Present
- “Contract Language – What the Pandemic Has Changed,” Construction Financial Management Association Southeastern Construction Regional Conference, August 2021
- “Updates to Tennessee Construction Law,” Construction Financial Management Association, Middle Tennessee Chapter, April 2021
- “Construction Case Law Update,” Tennessee Association of Construction Counsel, November 2020
- The University of Alabama School of Law: The Henry H. Hutchison Federal Tax Clinic Scholarship Award Recipient
- Sewanee: The University of the South: The General Assembly Merit Scholarship and Lear Scholarship Recipient
- Member, Tennessee Association of Construction Counsel
- Member Construction Financial Management Association, Middle Tennessee Chapter
- Member, Emerging Leaders, Greater Tennessee Chapter of Associated Builders and Contractors
- Member, Legislative Committee, Greater Tennessee Chapter of Associated Builders and Contractors
- Member, Legal Committee, Greater Tennessee Chapter of Associated Builders and Contractors
- Member, American Bar Association Forum on Construction Law
- Member, Tennessee Bar Association
- Member, Nashville Bar Association
- Member, Young Lawyers Division, Nashville Bar Association