Cornell Kennedy practices primarily in the areas of general corporate law and health care. In the areas of general corporate law, Mr. Kennedy’s practice includes representing companies and individuals in business formation and dissolution, acquisitions, and various other operational matters, including employment and covenants not-to-compete.
In health care matters, Mr. Kennedy’s practice includes counseling health care companies and providers, including dentists, veterinarians, optometrists, physicians and chiropractors in transactional matters including practice start-ups, practice acquisitions and equity buy-ins. Mr. Kennedy focuses his practice on the legal and business needs of his health care clients by advising them on issues related to: practice start-ups with formation, operation and lease negotiations; complex practice acquisition and sales; buy-ins; operating and partnership agreements; covenants not-to-compete and other employment matters; forming and structuring dental service organizations, real estate sales and acquisitions; and financing. Additionally, as a dental corporate lawyer, Mr. Kennedy is a frequent speaker throughout Tennessee on topics such as practice start-ups/transitions, lease negotiation strategies, associate contracts/buy-ins and other employment law matters.
Mr. Kennedy is a native of Nashville. He earned his J.D. from The University of Tennessee College of Law. Mr. Kennedy was a graduate of the Law & Business Program and served as Secretary of the Business Tax Law Association. Mr. Kennedy graduated magna cum laude from Middle Tennessee State University with a B.S. in Criminal Justice. Mr. Kennedy is conversational in Portuguese.
- J.D., University of Tennessee College of Law
- B.S. in Criminal Justice at Middle Tennessee State University
- Woodward/White: The Best Lawyers In America “One to Watch” 2021-Present (Corporate Law; Healthcare Law)
- Super Lawyers 2018-2020 (Business/Corporate; Healthcare) (“Mid-South Rising Star”)
- National Black Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 2020
- Nashville Bar Foundation’s Class of 2020 Fellows Program
- Tennessee Bar Association’s Class of 2020 Leadership Law
- Member, Nashville Bar Association (Secretary, 2013)
- Member, Nashville Bar Foundation’s Leadership Forum (Class of 2015-2016)
- Member, Tennessee Bar Association
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, Harry Phillips American Inn of Court
- Member, Napier-Looby Bar Association
- Co-Chair of the Nashville Bar Association Diversity Committee
- Board Member of the Nashville Metropolitan CATV Special Commission
- Young Leader’s Board for JDRF
- Co-Chair, Second Harvest Food Bank’s Legal Food Fight Fundraising Executive Committee
- Volunteer, Nashville Bar Association (Antioch High School’s Mock Trial Team), 2011 and 2012