Hunter Branstetter, Chris Whitson, Todd Panther, Amy Rao Mohan, Lauren Curry, Ryan Holt, Eric Osborne, Mark Smith, Lisa Helton, Andrea Sinclair, Mike Abelow, Webb Campbell, John Farringer, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Christina López, Bob Mendes, Chris Sabis, Will Pugh, Alice Haston, Alex Carver, Micah Bradley, Thomas Hall
Will Pugh represents clients in a wide range of practice areas including litigation and transactional matters involving corporate, healthcare, bankruptcy and antitrust law.
Before attending law school, Mr. Pugh served as the Director of Strategy for atlasRFIDstore.com, an eCommerce startup located in Birmingham, Alabama. During his tenure, the company grew from a small startup into a thriving business with more than twenty employees.
After law school, Mr. Pugh clerked for the Honorable Vice Chancellor Joseph R. Slights III on the Delaware Court of Chancery where he regularly worked on litigation matters involving some of the country’s largest companies.
Mr. Pugh graduated from Vanderbilt University Law School, where he received the Robert F. Jackson Memorial Prize for earning the highest GPA in his class after two years of law school and was a member of the Order of the Coif. He is a summa cum laude graduate of Wheaton College in Chicago.
Education & Bar Admissions
- Vanderbilt University Law School 2019
- B.A. (summa cum laude) Wheaton College (IL) 2014
Recognition & Publications
Publications and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America “One to Watch” 2023 (Commercial Litigation and Corporate Law)
- William Pugh, Getting What You Bargained for: Avoiding Legal Uncertainty in Survival Clauses for a Seller’s Representations and Warranties in M&A Purchase Agreements, 12 J. BUS. ENTREPRENEURSHIP & L. 1 (2019)
- William Pugh, Why Not Appoint an Algorithm to Your Corporate Board, SLATE (Mar. 24, 2019)
- Robert S. Reder & William Pugh, Delaware Supreme Court Bars Buyer From Using Narrowly “Cabined” Working Capital Adjustment, 72 VAND. L. REV. EN BANC 19 (2018)
- Order of the Coif