Our law firm provides a broad range of advice to dentists, veterinarians, optometrists and other healthcare specialties. We provide this primarily through representation on practice start-ups, practice transitions, creation of corporations and limited liability companies, associate contracts, buy-in agreements, employment law matters, practice office lease negotiations and HIPAA and OSHA compliance.
As lawyers for dentists, veterinary attorneys, and optometry attorneys, our legal services for dentists and optometrists and veterinary legal services can further be categorized as follows:
- Forming professional limited liability companies, professional corporations and other start-up and entity formation matters
- Drafting operating agreements and shareholder agreements
- Negotiating, drafting and facilitating associate buy-ins and partnership agreements
- Drafting and reviewing practice asset purchase agreements and other transition and buy sell agreements
- Drafting and reviewing employment agreements, independent contractor agreements and other associate contracts
- Counseling on employee disputes including non-competes
- Drafting and negotiating practice real estate lease agreements
- Assisting with HIPAA and OSHA compliance
- Estate and business succession planning
As dental attorneys, we also provide legal services to dental specialties including pediatric dentists, orthodontists, periodontists, endodontists, prosthodontists, oral and maxillofacial surgeons, and dental service organizations. As dentistry, veterinary, and optometry attorneys, we understand that these specific healthcare industries are unique and complicated professions. As such, our firm has developed a practice group specifically focused on these industries. This group is led by Cornell Kennedy, an experienced attorney working with these industries and other healthcare and business entities.
According to data from HHS’s official Breach Portal, there were 418 HIPAA breaches reported in 2019. In total, 34.9 million Americans had their protected health information compromised in that year alone. To protect your patients, your employees, and your business, contact the experienced attorneys at Sherrard Roe Voigt & Harbison.