Albert Bart’s practice focuses in the areas of general business law and commercial transactions. He represents firms in a wide-array of industries, providing counsel on general business and operational matters, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, the public and private sales of securities, and secured and unsecured debt financings.
In his commercial contracting work, Mr. Bart works with both customers and vendors, negotiating and closing strategic and complex arrangements, including those involving multinational relationships. In his commercial transactions work, he represents both buyers and sellers, issuers and financial advisors, and borrowers and lenders, as well as corporate management teams, individual investors, and significant stockholders. He has been involved in numerous acquisitions and sales of public and private companies, public offerings and private placements of securities, and business financings and restructurings.
Mr. Bart served as Senior Vice President and Associate General Counsel for Ceridian Corporation (then parent of Comdata Network) from 2008 to 2011, where he was primarily responsible for securities, financing and other commercial transaction matters, as well as corporate governance and compensation and benefit matters. Mr. Bart was previously a member of Sherrard Roe Voigt & Harbison from 2005 until joining Ceridian in 2008.
- In addition to serving as associate general counsel to Ceridian Corporation, a multinational corporation having then nearly 8,000 employees, serving as sole or primary corporate legal counsel to entity clients in various financial, manufacturing, media and service related industries having individual annual revenues ranging from less than $20 million to more than $250 million
- Assisted numerous startup and emerging growth businesses in the e-commerce, financial services, media, and software development and technology spaces, including with business formations, structurings and financing transactions
- Serving as outside counsel to a national trade association, advising on general operational matters and antitrust and competition issues
- Acting as lead acquisition counsel to a series of buyers in the e-commerce, media, manufacturing, mining, software development, human resources outsourcing and electronic payments industries
- Representing sellers in business dispositions in the e-commerce, financial and accounting services, healthcare and insurance related services, human resources outsourcing, electronic payments, construction, manufacturing, retail, asset management and transportation industries
- Advising various strategic and financial investors/partners in the acquisition or restructuring of equity and debt positions and in the formation and implementation of various strategic ventures and business partnerships
- Representing multiple NYSE-listed companies in their sale to private equity investors
- Advising corporate clients on data privacy and security, fraud assessment and control matters, website design and development issues, and technology outsourcing arrangements
- Assisting publicly traded and large privately held companies in the structuring and maintenance of various subsidiary operations throughout the United States
- Acting as special counsel to the board of directors of both publicly traded and privately held companies in connection with various board matters, including with respect to senior management employment and compensation issues and the consideration of financing, merger and acquisition, and other strategic items
- Representing senior executives and managers in connection with their employment and compensation arrangements and/or separation of employment and post-separation business activities
- Member of the Nashville, Tennessee and American Bar Associations
- Member of the Association of Corporate Counsel
- Guest lecturer and presenter on corporate, M&A and securities law topics at various graduate school programs and CLE seminars